One of my favorite things to do around this time of year is take a trip to Aspen, Colorado. From skiing to eating to shopping, there is never a dull moment.
Here are some of my favorite places in Aspen for eating, drinking, staying and enjoying yourself!
- Poppycock’s Cafe. This is one of the best breakfast spots in Aspen. What started out as a small creperie, turned into a lively breakfast nook for tourists and locals. Poppycocks cafe is famously known for their Oatmeal Buttermilk Pancakes. Located on 665 E Cooper Ave.
- Ajax Tavern For Happy Hour. Happy hour drinks after a long day of skiing is an absolute must. Ajax tavern, located 2037, 685 E Durant Ave, is one of the best spots to kick- back, relax and have a drink or two. My favorite part about it is the fact that it is indoor and outdoor, which makes for great people watching. Voted one of the best Après-Ski Bars in the U.S., you are sure to have a great time here.
- The Little Nell Boutique For Shopping.Located in the lobby at The Little Nell is Aspen’s chicest boutique. From clothing, jewelry and handbags to blankets, artwork and home accessories, you are sure to find something you love. Shopping while on vacation is one of my favorite things to do and I always make sure to stop in The Little Nell boutique.
- Aspen Square for Condo living. Aspen Square is the perfect place to stay in Aspen. It is directly across from Ajax Mountain, the rooms are condos, spacious and easy and each one has a fireplace. Plus it has a pool and hottub and they give you the best chocolate chip cookies upon your arrival.
- Cha Cha Gallery For Contemporary Art. If you’re like me and love cool contemporary art, be sure to check out the Cha Cha art gallery located 426 E Hymen Ave. What’s great about this gallery is that it features very established names, mid-career artists, and emerging young talents. Cha Cha gallery also highlights fine jewelry (a beautiful gift for your lover) and represents the art and culture that Aspen is all about.
- Matsuhisa Restaurant For Dinner. After a long day of skiing and shopping, one of my top choices for dinner is Matsuhisa Japanese Restaurant. Matsuhisa is located in a 120 year old Main Street Victorian house in downtown Aspen. Downstairs is the main dining room with a cocktail bar and sushi bar that spans half the room. Upstairs offers indoor and outdoor seating with an intimate sushi bar. Showcasing signature dishes such as Yellowtail Sashimi, Black Cod Miso, and White Fish Tiradito, you are sure to leave more than satisfied after dinner.
- Bootsy Bellows Nightclub For Dancing. The fun in Aspen doesn’t just stop at dinner. If you’re looking for an energetic scene to let loose and dance the night away, you must stop by Bootsy Bellows. This nightclub has a great DJ, drinks, cool lights and a packed dance floor. From the moment you walk in until the time you leave, you will never want to stop dancing.